This free Martin Luther King craft is perfect to use as part of your Black History Month activities. This craft has worked really well in my special education classroom and I’m so excited to share the template for free with you all in this blog post!
This blog post may contain affiliate links. This means that if you purchase an item through my affiliate link, I may receive a % of commission at no extra cost to you. This helps support me, my family and my blog to bring you great content for free!
- Paper plates. — USA Shop Here. UK Shop Here.
- Glue stick. — USA Shop Here. UK Shop Here.
- Scissors. — USA Shop Here. UK Shop Here.
- Crayons. — USA Shop Here. UK Shop Here.
- Felt pen. — USA Shop Here. UK Shop Here.
- Ribbon. — USA Shop Here. UK Shop Here.
- Hole punch. — USA Shop Here. UK Shop Here.
You will also need to download the craft template on the bottom of this blog post.
- Print out the included templates. I like to use 9 hands and 6 hearts per wreath.
- Cut out the middle of a paper plate.
- Students color the hands in different colors. Then cut them out.
- Students color the hearts in different colors. Then write a word onto them and cut out.
- Spread glue around the paper plate edging.
- Place down the hands onto the paper plate to make a wreath.
- Add glue to the back of the hearts and stick them onto the plate.
- Use a hole punch to make a hole at the top of the wreath.
- Add some ribbon and tie. Now your craft can be hung up on display!
See photos below for a step-by-step guide of this craft.
You can download this template for free by clicking here.
If you found this blog post helpful, please consider sharing it with your friends and colleagues on social media. You may also be interested in the following;
- Martin Luther King Activities (Or access on TpT here.)
- Black History Month Activities (Or access on TpT here.)
You can also find hundreds of other free craft templates on my website by clicking here.
P.S. Have you signed up for a 3 day free trial of my VIP membership yet? If not, click here to do it now and go and get access to a huge range of resources, templates, crafts and more for free.