This ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas teacher poem is so sweet. I love to print it and put it up on display in my classroom. It makes such a sweet yet subtle Christmas addition to my classroom.
I love the night before Christmas poem, and this one that has been generated for classrooms/teachers is one of my favorites. I have the poster printed out and put up on my wall in the classroom. We have read it together and my students really enjoy it too!
Why Use Poems?
- Poems can help to improve literacy skills and language development. This is especially true for our special education students. They expose our students to new vocabulary, sentence structures, and literary devices.
- Poems can be used to teach important life skills. These can be skills such as empathy, emotional regulation, and social communication. Poems encourage students to explore different perspectives and emotions in a safe and supportive environment.
- They can be adapted to suit different learning styles and abilities. This can be by incorporating visual aids, music, movement, and hands-on activities. These will engage students with different strengths and preferences.
- Poems can provide a creative outlet for self-expression and self-discovery. They allow students to explore their own feelings, experiences, and identities through the power of words and imagination.
- Poems can help to build a sense of community and belonging in the classroom. Poems encourage collaboration, respect, and appreciation for diversity. They also encourage students to foster a love of literature that can last a lifetime.
Download the Christmas Teacher Poem
You can download your own copy of the Christmas teacher poem here.
More Christmas Activities
You can find more Christmas activities here..
- Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate Visual Recipe
- 7 Free Christmas Sensory Bins
- Free Santa Craft Writing Prompt
- 10 Elf Crafts for Kids
If you enjoyed this Christmas teacher poem, please consider sharing this post with your friends and colleagues on social media.
P.S. Have you signed up for a 3 day free trial of my VIP membership yet? If not, click here to do it now and go and get access to a huge range of resources, templates, crafts and more for free.